Pages

Saturday 21 September 2013

GlossyBox - September - The London Edition





Oh how I've been looking forward to this box! The London edition GlossyBox was designed to coincide with London Fashion Week and for the first time, they also introduced the GlossyBox Magazine. On first impressions this box looks pretty impressive, they seem to have got the right mix of makeup, fragrance, skincare, haircare and extras. So what exactly did I get?

Elizabeth Arden Untold - 5ml sample size - full size 30ml £35.00 50ml £48.00
Now this is how you do a perfume sample! A good size that you can get at least 3 or 4 uses out of. This was love at first sniff for me, I'm not really a fan of many Elizabeth Arden scents but this one just hit all the right notes (pardon the pun). According to the description, Untold is a 'luxurious and modern floral fragrance', now I'm no expert but to me it just smells bloody amazing. It's not too strong, quite delicate in fact, as I find most floral scents quite heady, and it has the slightest sweetness to it but not enough for it to scream 'fruity' at you. This one has gone straight on the Christmas and Birthday list, fingers crossed I get a little spoilt later this year!

Eylure 190 Pre-glued Lashes - full size £5.50
It's been a while since we saw some falsies in a GlossyBox - 2012 in fact - so it's nice to stock up with these. I've never tried pre-glued ones before though, I tend to always use glue on ones, so it will be good to trial these on an upcoming night out with the girls. These ones are the 190 version that are lightweight and don't look too heavy, so they should appear more natural and 'fluttery' when on - just with a little extra length.

Toni&Guy Classic Shine & Gloss Serum - full size 30ml £7.19
Serums are not something I tend to use in my daily haircare routine, I try to steer clear as my hair loses volume and looks greasy if I use the teeniest bit too much. I gave this a little go though and it's actually not too bad. It smells pleasant, and the formula is quite thin so a little goes a long way. Once smoothed through my dry hair it leaves a soft scent and my locks feel smooth and silky but not overly so. This is great for those days when I don't want to straighten as it calms down that post-blowdry-frizz that my barnet seems susceptible to.

Be A... Bombshell Cosmetics Eye Liner in Onyx - full size 3g $14
Be a... bombshell is new to me, it's an American brand that started in 2011 and so far doesn't seem to be available in the UK. This month's box provided a full size eyeliner in Onyx (black) which is highly pigmented and stays put throughout the day (although it's not waterproof). The eyeliner is a thicker felt tip style, which is great for creating that 'flick' and is easy to hold and apply. There's not much to not like but until this brand is able to be purchased more easily in the UK, I will probably look to more readily available high street brands for this style of liner.

Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips - 3ml sample size - full size 15ml £11.50
I have to admit I had to take a double take when I read this, I wondered why I'd been sent a nipple balm (??!) and then I read it a little more closely and realised that it is advertised as a lip balm... that is multi-purpose and can also be used on dry cuticles, dry skin patches, burns and abrasions, severely chapped lips, sore nipples, split ends, eczema, babies' bottoms and loads more. Dr. Lipp's balm originally started out as a nipple balm for breastfeeding women, but then quickly turned into a cult beauty must-have because it is ruddy good for sore lips! It kind of reminds me of Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour cream, but without the weird smell.

A very good box from Glossybox in all this month, not quite enough to rival my favourite box of all time (April 2013 Pearl Lowe Edition) but a good contender. Three full size items, plus a very generous fragrance sample, make this a worthwhile edition in terms of value for money.

If you like the idea of subscribing to GlossyBox, then use this referral link to sign up today.

Disclaimer - I have subscribed to GlossyBox out of my own choice and money (damn the fanciful idea of mystery beauty products delivered every month). It was my choice to review the products above and I have done so in a 100% honest manner. I am not compensated for my reviews but if you use my referral link to start a subscription then I can get points towards a free box next time... well who doesn't want free beauty stuff?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...