Pages

Saturday 22 June 2013

GlossyBox - June Edition




So June's box was another bonus freebie for me... well what can I say, I do love to hoard those Glossydots! I highly recommend to any regular GlossyBox subscriber to make sure they complete the optional reviews on the website - each box provides around 250 points if you review all it's products. So I make that 4 fully reviewed boxes in order to claim the 5th one for free. Not bad ladies!

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse OR - 10ml sample size - full size 100ml £34.00
Ooh I do love a luxury body oil and Nuxe is the perfect brand in my eyes. This little lovely bottle of goodness is the shimmery version of their classic Dry Oil and is the perfect product to smooth over arms or legs to create that Summer glow. It can also be used on the face or hair, but I much prefer to use this as  Vitamin E enriched hydration for my body to leave my skin feeling soft and silky smooth. It's just frustrating that the sample size doesn't come as a spray - that would make it so much easier to use!

Monu Professional Skincare Hydrating Moistiruser SPF15 - 30ml sample size - full size 50ml £29.95
Dum dum dum... the ultimate repeat brand offender for GlossyBox - it has to be Monu. At least it's not a product I've seen before! This first defence moisturiser is all about damage prevention so it's jam packed with SPF for both UVA and UVB protection as well as Vitamin E for a hydration boost and further free radical protection. It's also incorporated Monu's 'soft focus' technology to blur imperfections and smooth out skin tone - what's not to love? The texture of the cream is kind of whipped, so feels glorious when applied to the face, sinks in well and is also suitable for all skin types. For me though, my greasy mug can only cope with the lightest of gel products so alas this is still a little to heavy for me.

Figs & Rouge Coco Rose Lip Balm - full size 12.5ml £5.00
So this is the new, multi-purpose, lip balm from Figs & Rouge. You may have seen my last post about their normal lip balm here (and yes, it was in a previous GlossyBox) but if not, Figs & Rouge are all about 100% pure, natural and made in Britain. I love their vintage kitsch packaging and this new tinted lip balm is no different. In a pink, flamingo printed tube is a pretty blush pink lip balm/gloss. It squeezes out thicker than a lipgloss and without the stickiness, but it definitely has the colour and shimmer that I would associate more with a gloss than a balm. Hence why I don't think I'd use this anywhere but my lips even though it's a multi purpose balm.

Paul Mitchell Curls Full Circle eave in Treatment and Ultimate Waves - 15ml sample sizes - full size Leave-In Treatment 200ml £14.95 Ultimate Waves 150ml £11.95
For someone who wears their hair straight 99% of the time, curling treatments are pretty much wasted on me. My curly-haired sister however was game to give these a little try out for me. The leave-in treatment was her favourite for smoothing out frizz and creating that soft smooth feel to her curls, while the Ultimate Wave gel was handy for tweaking her curls in between washes to recreate some shape. They both smell amazing too which was an added bonus.

Q Body Spray Radiance - full size 100ml £2.29
I don't particularly like body sprays let alone wear them on a daily basis. Impulse from way back in the day was my last run in with the product and now they just remind me of being 12 again. However this fragrance spray is all 'grown-up' in design... I just think they've gone too far to make it look sophisticated and instead it looks dated (a.k.a something I'd find in my Nan's bathroom cabinet). Don't get me wrong, it smells nice - Iris and Mimosa according to the label - it's just not the product for me.

Well, for a free box I can't hugely complain. But apart from the Nuxe oil, nothing really excited me. Did your GlossyBox box fair better this month?

If you like the idea of subscribing to GlossyBox, then use this referral link to sign up today.

Disclaimer - I have subscribed to GlossyBox out of my own choice and money (damn the fanciful idea of mystery beauty products delivered every month). It was my choice to review the products above and I have done so in a 100% honest manner. I am not compensated for my reviews but if you use my referral link to start a subscription then I can get points towards a free box next time... well who doesn't want free beauty stuff?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...