Pages

Sunday 13 January 2013

GlossyBox - December - Christmas Edition






Ooh Christmas goodies!! I can't believe it's taken me this long to get round to the December box from GlossyBox but here we are, 2013 already! Where does the time go??!

December's box was made even more fabulous because it was free! Yup, it cost me nada, I'd saved up enough 'GlossyDots' (1000 to be precise) to redeem a box for free and here it is. Not bad eh?

So what did my little stash of points earn me... 

milk_shake conditioning whipped cream -100ml sample size - full size 250ml £14.79
Oh wow this smells gooooooooood! Very coconut-ty, it reminds me of expensive sun lotion and beach holidays...... I've not tried any products from milk_shake before so I am looking forward to giving this leave in conditioner a go. It is 'formulated to condition the hair keeping moisture balance and preserving the hair colour integrity'. Sounds perfect! 

Rituals Magic Touch body cream - 70ml sample size £5 - full size 200ml £15 
And this one smells amazing too! Is this box trying to win me over in scent alone?! I last tried a Rituals product in one of my first ever GlossyBoxes - I think it was the red Christmas 2012 one - and really liked it. This rich body cream has natural ingredients of cherry blossom and rice milk that give it a sweet and creamy fragrance and the whipped texture makes it really easy to apply. 

Seche Nail Lacquer Chocolat - full size 14ml £9.95
Now I love the famous Seche Vite quick drying top coat but haven't tried any of their nail varnish colours. So I was pleased to see this in my box, but honestly, quite disgusted with the colour! I got Chocolat which I can only describe as a pooey brown... it doesn't suit my skin tone at all but it may well suit a more tanned person than myself. Definitely a colour for the nail art pile. 

Sleek makeup i-Divine True ultra mattes v2 darks palette - full size 12 x 1.1g £7.99
Oh what a little beauty!! I love a bit of Sleek makeup and couldn't wait to crack open this palette to see what colours I got. I was impressed to see such a large makeup item in a beauty box and more impressed to see that it was the exact size and item you could buy from the shop. The colours are perfectly me - very autumnal - lots of greens, brown and purple hues, and I love that they are matte. I have so many shimmer eyeshadows that it's nice to change it up sometimes. 

Anatomicals what a complete and utter glosser i never fake strawberry milkshake fruity lipgloss - full size 10ml £3.49
You've gotta admire anatomicals for their inventive product names! This was a fab little product to receive and the smell (again, GlossyBox!!) reminds me of old scented cupcake dolls you used to get as a kid... This is the second anatomicals product I've got from GlossyBox in as many months, but I have to say I don't mind in the slightest. This clear, pink, (oh so fake) strawberry scented gloss will probably sit in my desk drawer as a quick and simple beauty fix. 

GlossyBox blusher Glossy Rosewood - 2.5g bonus product   
Hmmm, I'm not so keen on these GlossyBox 'freebies'. The last one I got was the broken lipstick in the international box. At least this one is a colour that I can wear but if I'm honest, it will probably never get touched. 

Overall a fabulous Christmas box GlossyBox, well done! The Sleek makeup palette and milk_shake conditioner are the highlights for me - I can't wait to give them a try! 


If you love the idea of the GlossyBox beauty box and want to sign up too, then use this referral link to subscribe now.
Disclaimer - I have subscribed to GlossyBox out of my own choice and money (damn the fanciful idea of mystery beauty products delivered every month). It was my choice to review the products above and I have done so in a 100% honest manner. I am not compensated for my reviews but if you use my referral link to start a subscription then I can get points towards a free box next time... well who doesn't want free beauty stuff?!!

1 comment:

  1. That nail varnish is gorgeous haha!! Who would wear that?! Hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...