Pages

Tuesday 4 December 2012

GlossyBox - September - The Maggie Li Edition




So back in September, GlossyBox teamed up with Maggie Li for a limited edition illustrated box and provided us with some samples of new product launches all in time for London Fashion Week. Let's see what GlossyBox have spoilt us with this time....

Lady Gaga Fame Fragrance - 1.2ml sample size - full size 30ml £25 50ml £32 100ml £61
This was an exclusive preview of Gaga's new fragrance, something that I was actually glad to receive as I doubt I'd get round to sniffing it in Boots anytime soon. Normally I'm a big hater of perfume samples but this one I can forgive. 'Fame' is a little bit special because it's actually a black liquid that turns transparent once airborne- not that you'd notice. As for smell, well this ticks all the boxes in floral and fruity, in fact it smells quite blackcurrant like to me. I love it, but not sure if I'll make a purchase yet.

Rodial 5 Minute Facial - 2 x 1ml sample sachets - full size 10 x 1ml £10.95
1ml sample size?? Really?! It was almost impossible to try out this facial because there was so little of the product available. I had to use both sachets in order to cover more of my face than not! Having said that, it was effective in leaving my skin soft, smooth and looking brighter. I like the way that it dries tight like a clay mask, but then you rub off the residue in an exfoliating action. Reminds me of the Clinique Turnaround 15-Minute Facial mask....

Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum - 2 x 1ml sample sachets - full size 10 x 1ml £29
Bloody hell, more minuscule sample sizes. Unlike the facial, at least I could get two uses out of this one. I applied the snake serum to clean skin and it sunk in really well. My skin felt smooth and refreshed after application but I didn't notice any of the instant wrinkle-filling/plumping effects. I'll stick to my Estee Lauder concentrates I think.

Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream - 7ml sample size - full size 15ml £20
Oh my God! Will the beauty boxes quit it with the Balance Me samples already!!! This is the now the fifth or sixth sample I've received from the brand - and I'm getting quite bored now. I tried it out nonetheless and what can I say, it's an eye cream. It certainly doesn't rival my La Prairie but it will make a perfect little travel size I suppose.

Vichy Idealia Day Care Cream Normal to Combination Skin - 15ml sample size - full size 50ml £25
Ah, Vichy has creeped into a couple of the GlossyBoxes now and I have to say this French brand intrigues me. I was very pleased to see a cream for normal to combination skin too - normally I end up with dry skin formulations that I daren't try out on my greaseball face for fear of breaking out. This cream is quite thick like most pot moisturisers can be, but it sank in very well and left my skin soft without residue. After a few hours though, my face felt quite greasy so I'll probably save this for skin saviour days in the winter, not every day wear.

Maghrabian Hair Oil - 10ml sample size - full size 50ml £13 100ml £24
I've tried and tried to get into hair oils but I'm just so scared of overloading and just looking greasy. This Argan oil from Maghrabian is very similar to most others out there. It smells and feels very similar and has the same effect. I know for a fact that after trying this once I'm unlikely to ever use it again. Oh well, I'm just not a  hair oil type of girl I guess!

In all, a fairly average GlossyBox for me. Dare I say it, this month SheSaidBeauty box (here) was actually more appealing, a first I think for me! Of course, it's not going to stop me subscribing anytime soon :)


If you love the idea of the GlossyBox beauty box and want to sign up too, then use this referral link to subscribe now.
Disclaimer - I have subscribed to GlossyBox out of my own choice and money (damn the fanciful idea of mystery beauty products delivered every month). It was my choice to review the products above and I have done so in a 100% honest manner. I am not compensated for my reviews but if you use my referral link to start a subscription then I can get points towards a free box next time... well who doesn't want free beauty stuff?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...