Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2012

GlossyBox - June Edition

Oops! It's August and I'm only now telling you about my June GlossyBox... better late than never and all that! I have found myself with another backlog of beauty boxes, so my mission for the next two days is to unload them onto you all :) then I can seriously crack on with some bargain Summer buys I'm desperate to show you too.

So onto the June box from GlossyBox. After some very (in my eyes) successful boxes and some amazing products, for the first time I've found myself asking "Is that it?" for June's 'Summer' box. There were some nice products, don't get me wrong, but for some reason this box just didn't feel complete to me.




BM Beauty Summer Warmth Bronzer - 1g sample - full size 4g £8.00

Hmmm... BM Beauty... I've seen that before? Ah, yes, the February Glossybox - I got a mineral eyeshadow. Well at least this is a different make-up item, so I can forgive the brand duplication. This is a lovely bronze (almost touching a rose gold tone) mineral bronzer that I actually think I will use and may even use up! It is a lovely, soft powder but does have a fair bit of shimmer so maybe evenings only for this one.

Caudalie Eaux Fraiche in Thé Des Vignes - 10ml sample size - full size 50ml £26.00

Now fragrance samples I like but find a little annoying when a 1ml bottle is passed off as a beauty box item - when I could have picked it up from a department store myself! This however, is much more like it! 10-whole-mls of Caudalie. Nice! I got the Thé Des Vignes Eau Fraiche which is light and floral yet quite sweet and fruity too, my kind of fragrance. But it doesn't last very long on me, so I will be packing this as my next holiday fragrance to save dragging a massive glass bottle in my suitcase!

Vichy Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundation Cream Stick - 6x 1g samples - full size 12g stick £19.00

Ah, the wonder that is Vichy Dermablend! This I have heard of before, but never considered using. When I worked for a Premium Cosmetic house, we often had customers that required make-up for scarring/tattoo cover up and although we did a product that worked well, nothing on the market had the staying power of Dermablend. So that was what I always recommended. Saying that, I have personally never tried it on myself as I don't have much that needs 'camouflaging'. But I may give it a go after too many late nights, on those tell-tale pesky dark circles.

HD Brows Precision Tweezers - Full size worth £19.95

Now these made me quite literally "Oooohh!" out loud! HD Brows is a brand I've been keen to try for a while and although I would have liked one of their brow kits, the tweezers are a very good second option. Tweezers are a must have in any make-up tool drawer - and considering the price tag, I am very pleased indeed! These certainly put my old, bent Boots ones to shame so gone are the old and in with the new. So far I have found these easy to grip and use, they grasp the hair well and get the job done!

Glossybox Serie Exclusiv Pro Beauty Brush - full size worth £15.00

A brush? By GlossyBox? This to me felt a little like a cop out from GlossyBox. And another make-up tool as well - one is fine, but two?! I honestly don't think I will use this much, maybe in a travel make-up bag, but highly unlikely. It's of OK quality, with natural goat hair bristles, but I wouldn't call it 'super soft'. And I'm sorry, but I prefer my current Clinique blusher brush, which also looks and feels more superior in application.

Overall a bit of an unfortunate disappointment from GlossyBox for June. Strangely I think I craved some skincare from this box! I get the idea of things to get you ready for Summer, but I can't quite get over the let down of the 'GlossyBox' blusher brush.

I do still think that my subscription has been well spent though as I am pleased with the other products I received and unlike some other subscribers, am keen to keep my subscription going. I actually can't quite cope with the possibility of next month being amazing and missing out because I was fickle enough to cancel my account! So for now, I remain a loyal GlossyBox enthusiast!

 If you love the idea of the GlossyBox beauty box and want to sign up too, then use this referral link to subscribe now.

Disclaimer - I have subscribed to GlossyBox out of my own choice and money (damn the fanciful idea of mystery beauty products delivered every month). It was my choice to review the products above and I have done so in a 100% honest manner. I am not compensated for my reviews but if you use my referral link to start a subscription then I can get points towards a free box next time... well who doesn't want free beauty stuff?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...